Snellville, GA Real Estate
Welcome to Snellville, GA!
“Snellville, Georgia: where everybody is somebody.”
Snellville’s motto perfectly captures how this modern, moving city proudly shows its down-home roots. Part of one of the fastest growing counties in Georgia, Snellville sits between Atlanta and Athens, giving her residents plenty of options for professional and recreational pursuits. At the same time, it holds on to it traditional Southern values where ladies are called ‘ma’am’ and boys take their hats off when the national anthem is played.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Snellville, GA
The Lifestyle: Active, Fun and Family Centered
On any given Saturday in Snellville, you’ll find families on their way to some kind of ball game, gathering with friends over a table full of barbeque or getting in a little retail therapy. This is an active, busy community filled with families on the move. Within the city limits, there are plenty of activities to keep all of you busy, though perks and pursuits of big city living are just down the road.
If you want to spend the day outside, Snellville has two beautiful parks, Briscoe Park and Lenora Park. Both offer a wide range of ways to enjoy Georgia’s long months of pretty weather. With a 7-acre lake perfect for casting a line or watching ducks drift. Lenora Park has a children’s play area, a disk-golf course, 2 slides, a lazy river, and a 1.5 mile paved trail.
If picking out a new pair of shoes and a fabulous purse are on your weekend’s agenda, then you will love the shopping in Avenue Web Ginn is your place to be.
Snellville, GA’s Real Estate Market
Though there’s a good selection of nice condominium communities, most homes in Snellville are single family homes in either quiet neighborhoods or master planned communities. Even smaller subdivisions often have community pools and other family friendly features.
Most homes feature extras like jetted tubs, vaulted ceilings, and landscaped lawns. Before growth began in the 1980’s, Snellville was a rural farm community, so many of the planned neighborhoods are former farms, set on sweeping fields, dotted with weathered barns. They serve as quiet reminders of days gone by and add to the small town feel of the area.
Average Price for Homes in Snellville, GA:
Featured Neighborhoods in Snellville, GA
- Bright Water: This lake community boasts a private 53-acre lake available to residents for fishing and boating. For competitive residents there are both swimming and tennis teams available. The 7-lane 25-yard pool offers a cool place to enjoy in the summer, as well as a home for the Bright Water Breeze Swim team. Adults can enjoy USTA and ALTA tennis on one of 4 hard tennis courts.
- Lake Norris: Another neighborhood with its own private lake, this upscale community also features a pool and tennis courts. The lake is big enough for boats up to 20 feet and has a sand beach and fishing pier to enjoy as well.
- Havenstone: From the gorgeous clubhouse to the refreshing pool, Havenstone lives up to its name as a haven from the outside world for its residents. This well laid out subdivision holds a number of community events for those who live here and is close to shopping, dining and outdoor recreation.
You’ll Enjoy: Convenience to Atlanta & Outdoor Adventures
Snellville is a city that celebrates its community and its surroundings. Here, you’ll enjoy community events, local convenience, and outdoor trips such as:
- Stone Mountain: Just a few minutes down Hwy 78, the largest exposed piece of granite in the world, Stone Mountain. Part family amusement, part Confederate history, part geologic phenomenon, this state park has an array of things to do from simple hiking to conquering your fears on the SkyHigh Adventure Course. There are so many things to do here; it would take years to try them all.
- Snellville Days: For 40 years, the city of Snellville has celebrated spring with crafts and community gatherings, dubbing the holiday, Snellville Days. Held at Briscoe Park, this 2-day festival features many vendors selling home-made crafts, entertainment, fabulous fair food and a rockin’ parade that winds its way through town.
- Access to Atlanta and Athens: Snellville sits between two of Georgia’s great cities, Athens and Atlanta. Just 45 miles east, is Athens, home of the University of Georgia Bulldogs. This quaint college town offers unique opportunities for arts, music, dining and of course, collegiate sports. And just 18 miles to the west is Atlanta, making popping in for an evening at the Fox Theater or an afternoon Braves baseball game very doable.
Distinguished Schools in Snellville, GA
- Brookwood High School | Grades 9-12 | 1255 Dogwood Road
- Snellville Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 3155 Pate Road
- Brookwood Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 1330 Hollybrook Road
- Pharr Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 1500 North Road
- Britt Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 2503 Skyland Drive
Gwinnett County offers some of the best rated schools in the country and many of those schools are within Snellville’s city limits. Brookwood High School was named one of the country’s best high schools by Newsweek Magazine in 2013 and has received the State Superintendent’s Achievement Award.
Perfect For: Young Professionals & Active Families
Snellville is perfect for young, upwardly mobile business people and active families who want to enjoy the traditions and spirit of small-town America while living with the luxuries of big-city life.
Snellville, GA Utilities
- City of Snellvile Public Works Department | Garbage & Recycling | http://www.gwinnettcounty.com
- Gwinnett County Water Resources | Water & Sewage | http://www.gwinnettcounty.com
- Georgia Power | Electricity | http://www.georgiapower.com/
Workforce: Bedroom Community for Atlanta Opportunities
Living in Snellville allows residents to work in Atlanta, in all the vast career opportunities in the city. Additionally, employment can be found closer to home in larger Gwinnett County where companies such as American Megatrend Incorporated, NCR Corporation and the corporate home for Waffle House are headquartered.
Why Live Here: For a Hometown Experience with Urban Amenities
Living in Snellville lets folks live the small town life with big town amenities, enjoying the finer points of life without having the hassle of Atlanta’s vastness. If you want your neighborhood to truly be a home, your town a traditional community, Snellivlle, “where everybody is somebody” is the place for you.