Sandy Springs, GA Real Estate
Welcome to Sandy Springs, GA!
Sandy Springs is a beautiful city where people can enjoy both the outdoors and the luxuries of urban life. Being only sixteen miles away from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta, Georgia, Sandy Springs is a great place for raising a family and for people who just want to experience the fast life of a big city with a quiet place to go home to.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Sandy Springs, GA/a>
The Lifestyle: All About The Great Outdoors
Sandy Springs has an outdoors spirit. The people there love to be outside and enjoy themselves. There are many parks, playgrounds and centers around the city that provide a place for exercise and fun. Hammond Park is popular because it is a place with a variety of things to do. There is a multipurpose building, a game room, some basketball courts, a soccer field, a playground and more. Another fun place for people who love nature is Riverview. This place is filled with nature trails, picnic areas, and a playground. Other places to look for are:
- Morgan Falls Overlook
- Morgan Falls Athletic Complex
- Sandy Springs Tennis Center
- Abernathy Park
- John Ripley Forbes Big Trees Forest Nature
Sandy Springs, GA’s Real Estate Market
The homes in Sandy Springs are some of the most luxurious in the Atlanta area. You can find homes on the river side, on high ridges overlooking the river, or tucked back and away from the hurried pace of downtown. There are homes being built constantly, so not only will residents get great prices for their single-family home, condo or townhome, but they are getting them newly built with up to date features.
Average Price for Homes in Sandy Springs, GA:
Featured Neighborhoods in Sandy Springs, GA
- Alderwood on Abernathy – A luxury townhome community. Located at the corner of Abernathy and Roswell Road. Right next to the Abernathy Square, a popular shopping center. Townhomes have hardwood floors; some even have spacious decks and elevators.
- City Walk Heights-Condo’s – This place has a very homey feel to it. It is located in just the perfect place to have a remarkable view of downtown! The condos are spacious and are close to shopping areas.
- Hammond Hills – Built in the 1950s and 1960s, this place has over 100 houses in different styles from Ranch to Traditional. Hammond Hills also has some newer homes as well.
- Lafayette Square – These homes are interesting and inspired by the French Quarter in New Orleans. The architecture is beautiful and unique with interiors created to amaze. The neighborhood even has a swim and tennis club.
- Rose Court – Rose Court is a gated community located near Buckhead. Homes are mansions and prices reach the millions.
You’ll Enjoy: The Luxuries of Life
To fit its lavish housing options, Sandy Springs offers a wide variety of luxuries throughout the city. You can shop until you drop, eat until you can’t eat anymore, and hangout and mingle at one of their prestigious community clubs.
Shopping – This city has over 30 shopping centers, malls, consignment shops and plazas. Their boutiques have bargains you cannot refuse and their malls have a wide variety of stores to choose from.
Restaurants – Sandy Springs is an international food city. They have restaurants for people who love down south cooking and restaurants for those who love more exotic flavors. They have bistros, grills, bars, café’s, mom and pop restaurants, and more! Whether you are looking for good service, a fun place for the whole family or a romantic venue for a nice dinner with your significant other, Sandy Springs has it all.
Clubs – Enjoy anything from community clubs, where you can get to know your neighbors, to charitable clubs that give back to the community. Sandy Springs also has prestigious clubs like the Rotary Club where business, professional and community leaders come together and form relationships.
Distinguished Schools in Sandy Springs
- Woodland Elementary | Grades PK-5 | 1130 Spalding Drive
- High Point Elementary | Grades PK-5 | 520 Greenland Road NE
- Ridgeview Middle | Grades 6-8 | 5340 Trimble Road
- North Springs High | Grades 9-12 | 7447 Roswell Road
- Riverwood High | Grades 9-12 | 5900 Heards Drive NW
Sandy Springs also has some exceptional colleges and universities in the area. If you are thinking about going into the medical field then Gwinnett College is the place for you. The University of Phoenix also has a campus in Sandy Springs for those who want a broader educational experience.
Perfect For: The Culturally Enthusiastic
The Sandy Springs life is one of culture. The city hosts a few fun annual events and has some places that cater to all interests. The most popular of these events and places are: Sandy Springs Festival, Sandy Springs Cycling Challenge, and the Annual Chattahoochee River Summer Splash.
Sandy Springs, GA Utilities
- Solid Waste Solutions | Garbage and Recycling | http://www.solid-wastesolutions.com/
- All Bundles | Satellite and Cable | (888) 514-2526
- Meag Power | Electric | (678) 255-2305
- Waters Organization | Water | http://www.thewatersorganization.com/
- Gas South | Gas | http://www.gas-south.com/
The Workforce: Growing Tech Talent, Diversified Government Jobs
Sandy Springs offers great opportunities in government jobs. There are job openings in the courts, police offices and fire departments. If those types of jobs aren’t your thing then here are some of the top employers in Sandy Springs:
- Cisco Systems
- United Parcel Service
- AT&T Mobility
- RBS Lynk, Inc.
Being so close to Atlanta also means that there are job opportunities not only locally in Sandy Springs, but also in Atlanta because they are just a short commute away.
Why Live Here: You’ll Have Everything You Need
Come to Sandy Springs and indulge in the luxuries activities. The city provides you with everything you need. Even the job search has many selections to choose from. With outdoor activities for all, a beautiful cityscape, amazing homes and neighborhoods, and being a great place to raise children with notable schools for all grade levels – there is so much to love about Sandy Springs, Georgia.