Marietta, GA Real Estate
Welcome to Marietta, GA!
Marietta is a city well-known for its rich history. It is the largest suburb in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The city’s economic development is growing and everyone is willing to help each other out. If you are looking for a nice place that is proud of their history and fun culture, then you might not have to look any further than Marietta, GA.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Marietta, GA
The Lifestyle: Nothing Is Impossible
It’s common to hear a city call itself quaint or charming, but Marietta has taken a different approach to things. Their lifestyle is reflected in a “nothing is impossible” attitude. From checking out vibrant artwork posted around galleries to hip dining places, Marietta has done a great job from being the cookie cutter town. It took the quaint feeling that every small town features and developed it into a place where people can actually enjoy it.
Marietta, GA’s Real Estate Market
Being surrounded by the Georgia wilderness is a key trait to Marietta’s real estate market. Beautiful oak trees, well-manicured lawns, and vibrant flower gardens are just the beginning to what makes Marietta real estate pop with flavor. Traditional and craftsman style homes offer a variety of floor plans that match any lifestyle. The overarching theme of every property in Marietta is to welcome guests. It’s a southern tradition and it hasn’t been forgotten. Enjoy entertainment areas where you can host house parties and watch college football games. Have a neighborhood barbeque in the backyard and enjoy the nice weather. It’s always beautiful in Georgia.
Average Price for Homes in Marietta, GA:
Featured Neighborhoods in Marietta, GA
- Addies Pond – The homes here are relatively new and are priced at affordable levels. Most of the homes have at least 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. The selection of homes consists of traditional style, craftsman style, and more.
- Briarwood Hills – This neighborhood is a lovely subdivision. It is conveniently located right next to the Six Flags Whitewater Park. All of the homes were built between 1940 and 2007.
- Ebenezer Farm – This neighborhood offers a swimming pool, tennis courts and a cabana. The homes are beautifully built and are elegant. All the homes are built around a wooded area, tucked away from all the hustle and bustle, but still close to shopping and entertainment.
- Idlewilde – This community is located in an area of East Cobb that many people desire. Idlewilde is right next to all the good shopping centers, dining, parks, golf courses, and more. Most of the homes are relatively new.
- Washington Ave Condos – These are luxury condos with a lot of space. Each condo has an open floor plan with a gourmet kitchen and coffer ceilings. These condos are also in a convenient area for easy access to shopping.
You’ll Enjoy: The Rich History
It is said that, before there was an Atlanta or a Chattanooga, there was a Marietta, GA. It all started with just a small group of homes in 1824. Ever since then people have come and gone; left their mark and a few ghost behind as well. From the beautiful brick buildings built in the 1800’s to the historic Marietta Square where festivals, concerts, and weddings all happen in front of the stunning three-tier fountain, you will find something of Marietta’s history that speaks to you.
The Marietta Museum of History has everything you could possibly want to know about the city’s past and much more. Aviation has played a significant role in shaping Marietta into what it is today. This is why the museum has an amazing aviation wing with military aircraft. The museum also has “Mice Tours” for your toddlers to learn. There is even an annual event called the “Marietta Streetfest” that funds the museum. This festival has been drawing in people from all over for over 20 years. There is music, food, art and much more!
Distinguished Schools in Marietta, GA
- Lockheed Elementary | Grades PK-5 | 1205 Merritt Rd
- Hickory Hills Elementary | Grades PK-5 | 500 Redwood Dr
- Marietta Sixth Grade Academy | Grades 6 | 340 Aviation Rd
- Marietta Middle | Grades 7-8 | 121 Winn St.
- Marietta High | Grades 9-12 | 1171 Whitlock Avenue
There are also two universities in Marietta that offer over 90 programs of study. These two universities are Southern Polytechnic State Univeristy, home of the “Runnin’ Hornets”, and, the private school, Life University.
Perfect For: Those Who Want To Stay Healthy
Marietta residents are surrounded by the perfect environment for healthy living. Here are some of the reasons why Marietta, GA is a great place for getting and staying in shape:
- Exercise Opportunities – Marietta has an average high temperature of 71.9 degrees. With warm weather comes warm weather activities. This includes swimming, golfing, hiking, bike riding, running and more. Families love to spend time at the park and community centers, especially during the summer. With all of the fun ways to exercise, you will be sure to stay in shape.
- Health Care – Marietta is known for having great health care. One of its top employers in the WellStar Kennestone Hospital. This hospital has wide range of inpatient and outpatient services.
- Healthy Eating – Not only does Marietta have 12 vegan/vegetarian restaurants and food markets, but a year around farmers market. You can always have access to healthy, locally grow food.
Marietta, GA’s Utilities
- Public Works Sanitation Division | Waste | (770) 794-5581
- AT&T | Phone and Internet | www.att.com
- Cobb Electric | Electric | http://www.cobbemc.com/
- The Cobb County Water System | Water | http://water.cobbcountyga.gov/
- Atlanta Gas Light | Gas | https://www.atlantagaslight.com/
The Workforce: Centered around Aeronautics & Healthcare
Two of the major industries in the city have to do with air travel. The Dobbins Air Reserve Base and Lockhead Martin Aeronautics hire the most people. Lockhead actually employs about 7,000 people. Some of the other top employers in the city are:
- WellStar Kennestone Hospital
- Columbian Chemicals
- C. W. Matthews Contracting Co.
- Tip Top Poultry
Why Live Here: For Something New & Stylish
If you are looking for superior health care, good food, fun activities, and warm weather, then Marietta is the place for you. Marietta has been able to capture the liveliness of being a big city while still keeping a peaceful atmosphere. Whether you choose take a walk in the park, go visit Marietta Square, or just go shopping for the day, there is so much to enjoy about Marietta, GA. The only thing you have to worry about is how you’re going to get to do everything.